Posts filed under ‘Family’
Hi Peeps! (Pun intended. I think I ate my body weight in peeps this weekend… I have no shame. )
I hope you had a wonderful Easter that was filled with laughs and lots of love. I spent mine with my family in Charlotte.
My weekend was filled with lots of family time, which is exactly what I needed! Since beginning my first big girl job, 3 hours away from my family, it’s been a hard adjustment into the real world. Hence, the blog divorce that’s been going on since October.
But I’m finally settled in and ready to get back into the swing of things. After a little health scare that turned out to be nothing major, I am SO ready to begin exercising my booty off. I’ve joined a gym up here in Raleigh and have signed up for a few 5K races to get me feeling good. There is a triathlon I have my eye on that I am considering participating in this May. It’s a sprint triathlon–the Ramblin’ Rose–that would be a good intro to my first Tri.
Have you ever participated in a Tri? What are your thoughts?
Well since both the Birthday Fairy and the Easter Bunny have visited me this past week, I have had my fill of sweets.
It feels so good to back into the swing of things. Bikini season here I come!
This weekend was a bit hectic. Let’s recap–
Saw Jason Aldean. WOO HOO. Let’s just say….BEST CONCERT I HAVE EVER BEEN TO!
It was hot hot hot. But good music with great friends is always worth it! ((Have you heard his new song Take a Little Ride? It’s my new fav!))
This Saturday my little bro turned 18. Just in the past year or so he has grown a foot and now towers over me–whata cutie.
I stayed in Charlotte just long enough to celebrate Zach’s birthday, then I was off to Raleigh on my next big life adventure: to begin my first job. I’m a bit nervous and definitely excited.
My roommate and I are still working out apartment situations, so for the time being I am staying with Kyle and his roomies. I’m a Carolina girl living with a bunch of State guys–oh gosh! Kyle even cleared out a spot in his closet for me (he definitely got mucho boyfriend points for that!).
This weekend may have been a little busy, but I am all set to begin my wonderful job. I’m so excited I can’t hardly stand it. Now to decide what I’ll wear on the first day…
Have a happy Monday!
1. Claim your little piece of sandy heaven. Every day, we hit the beach and created a big circle of beach chairs. Once you’re in, you’re in–and it’s hard to be added. A circle of trust, if you will. ha
3. It’s ok to stand out! My uncle and cousins dyed their hair blonde as a part of a long standing beach trip tradition, and my papa just up and decided to let my brother, Jake, shave his head.
Little did my papa know, Jake left behind a surprise…
Our family is filled with barbers, so naturally Jake was very talented. Don’t worry, the rat tail got shaved off!
**On a side note, this is my favorite picture of the trip. When Mickey smiles really hard–like a goof–I swear he looks like the Joker. Oh, papa
4. Boogie your booty off! My Aunt Beryl is a very talented line-dancer. She taught us all how to Shag the night before we left.
I love to line dance, so I caught on pretty quickly. But after we shagged, my cousin Chastin and I decided to teach the family a few of our own line dances. Namely the Cupid Shuffle and the Wobble
The crowd was mesmerized…
5. Take a break from the sun. My cousins and I set out for lunch one day to get out of the hot hot heat and wound up finding a a mirror maze. Yes, I did face plant directly into a large mirror…but I’m pretty sure everyone else did, too We also found a sweet shop. Their specialty? Chocolate and caramel covered apples…
and chocolate covered bacon. AHH! I didn’t try it because I don’t eat pork, but my brother was tempted.
6. Don’t be too lazy…get your butt in gear! My newly-blonde uncle is also a SWAT and police officer, so he had us dragging weights, pushing sleds and pumping out push ups in the sand. All before a 4 mile jog to the pier. Yes, people stared at us. But when you’re looking like a bunch of crazy-exercise-goofs with your family, it’s not so bad The only thing I was not too fond of was my 6:45am wake up calls.
I’ve got to get the sand out of my tennis shoes before I go for my jog this morning! My big family beach trip was awesome, but now it’s time to get a move on, literally. I’m moving to Raleigh this weekend, and begin my first job next Wednesday. WOOP WOOP!
Have a magnificent Monday
Last night I hit the town with Fav. He’s quiet, nonchalant and a little goofy–so of course, I love him.
In reality, Fav is Hayden my cousin. He got the name Fav because he is one of my favorite people ever. He has the uncanny ability to listen to all my crazy nonsense and just look me straight in the eye, with shrug, and say, “you’re weird. But hey, I love you.” It’s that kind of goofy connection I love about him
And I am so excited to spend a week with him and my big family in a few days when we go on our awesome family beach trip (you can read about it here because our family beach trip is so big and great that it’s in the paper!). Last year for our family beach photos I hopped up on Fav’s back because I am a shrimp. I was 20 lbs. heavier than I am now (YAY!!) and even though he was not too happy about it, he was a trooper Fav–this year I promise I’m lighter. Piggy backs will be easier
So needless to say, we had fun last night. I wanted to celebrate his high school graduation and acceptance in the University of South Carolina. WOO HOO HAYDEN! So we went to Smashburger. I ordered a big harvest salad and he got a smashburger. The place is pretty neat because they pound the burgers and chicken to be really thin. So it’s crispy and oh so yummy!
We had a blast and talked about all kinds of college things. Mainly I told him to watch out for the ladies…look at how cute he is!
Fav, I’m going to miss you in the fall. But don’t worry, I’m coming to visit!
Hope you have a great Tuesday!
Lots of love!
Question: Do you have a Fav? Or a big and awesome family? Tell me about it!