FitBlogger & a Beach Adventure

August 13, 2012 at 9:00 am 5 comments

Good Monday morning!

Today is an extra awesome Monday because The Nut Kase is being featured on Fitblogger!  Fitblogger is a blog created to showcase and spotlight healthy living blogs. Head on over to Fitblogger’s website to check it out! :)

Wilmington & Carolina Beach

This weekend some of the gang headed down to Wilmington and Carolina Beach for a short weekend of beach craziness. There was ocean, sand, and lots of food!

We headed down to the beach after I got off work Friday evening. The beach is just a short trip  from Raleigh, so I’m sure several more beach trips are in our future.

Friday night we stopped into Surf’s Bar and Grille for a late dinner. Obviously the guys were ready to dig in ;)

Saturday we spent the morning on the beach. The current was pretty rough and the wind made it impossible to not be pelted with sand, so we grabbed lunch and headed down the boardwalk on Carolina Beach.

If you are EVER in the Wilmington area, make sure you head down to Carolina beach. It was by far my favorite part of the day. Especially since there were fresh, hot, homemade doughnuts involved…

Before we headed out for dinner, we took advantage of the hotel pool.Yes, a big group of 21 and 22 year olds can definitely waste an hour in the pool playing Marco Polo, Categories, and Shark n’ Minos. Duh.

For dinner, we hit up a local sushi bar. My favorite new sushi combo?!

Tempura shrimp, cucumber and mango. YUM!

The weekend was a blast–especially with these goofs!

I hope your weekend was a blast, too! This week I’m going to put some time into meal planning–look out for a post coming soon. Any tips you’d like to share about planning your meals throughout the week?

xoxox,

Kath

Entry filed under: Vacation. Tags: , .

Working Girl Chucks & Monkey Bites

• 1. Life After Swimming  |  August 13, 2012 at 11:02 am

Looks like such a great time! And congrats on being featured :)

• 2. Kath  |  August 13, 2012 at 11:36 pm

Thank you!!! :)

• 3. Patricia  |  August 13, 2012 at 10:28 pm

Kath I love your blog! I’m making overnight oats tonight, I’ll let you know how they come out tomorrow morning!

• 4. Kath  |  August 13, 2012 at 11:36 pm

Patty! It’s so good to hear from you! Overnight oats are the best…Let me know how yours go!!

• 5. Marissa  |  August 17, 2012 at 9:52 pm

I think I drooled a little looking at the doughnut! Looks so yummy!! One of my fave junk foods to eat!!