Working Girl

August 9, 2012 at 9:00 am 7 comments

Oh hello! How’s your Thursday morning going?! Yesterday I finished my first week of work and it was pretty interesting. Lots of training, how-to’s and things to remember, but I’m sure I’ll get the hang of it.

But one things for sure. In the morning, there are few things on my mind until I get some caffeine in me.

Coffee + Almond milk + cinnamon = a good morning :)

One of the things I’ve found that I really enjoy about working  is packing my lunch. Is that weird?

My packed lunch of choice: lentils on spinach with goat cheese and balsamic, an apple and Luna bar. YUM!

I’ve also learned that when some of us in the office go out for lunch–sushi is a favorite. Good thing I LOVE it! When Lisa, the marketing coordinator and my mentor, took me out to lunch the other week, we grabbed avocado salads and split a tuna tower. It’s basically a huge piece of sushi, and it is awesome! It may be my new fav…thanks, Lisa :)

Tuna Tower!

Another thing I love about work: it’s like playing dress up! This summer, the majority of the money I made teaching swim lessons went toward my work wardrobe. Every time I open my closet, I feel like I am in a clothes wonderland. Currently, I’m all about some animal print!

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Another fun hobby I’ve picked up: snapping goofy pics of myself while waiting in morning traffic. I send them to Kyle just in case he misses me throughout the day. He’s still got a few more free days left before he begins his final year of college. I’m sure he loves to wake up to pics like this ;)

In the midst of healthy lunches, cute clothes and goofy pics, I have found it hard to keep up a workout routine. I’m pretty tired after work, so I think my best bet is to get up early to get some cardio in. What do you think? For all your working peeps out there–how do you get your workouts in?! It is something I am really struggling with–any help is much appreciated!

Well, I hope you have a terrific Thursday!

Peace & happiness,

Kath

PS–look at what I woke up to this morning! Laney is such a love!

Entry filed under: Exercise, Work. Tags: , , , , .

My New Friend & SLIMKICKER WINNER! FitBlogger & a Beach Adventure

• 1. Rach  |  August 9, 2012 at 9:20 am

I totally agree with you that one of the best parts about working is being able to pack lunch! I have no idea why but I love opening my lunch bag in the work room and taking a breather with something that I put together and am happy to be eating. Its the best! Your work outfits are adorable! I bet you’re the envy of the office

• 2. Kath  |  August 13, 2012 at 11:37 pm

Thanks Rach! :)

• 3. momma d  |  August 9, 2012 at 9:23 am

love the last pic…i miss my girl!!

• 4. Life After Swimming  |  August 9, 2012 at 4:00 pm

I’m coming to steal your wardrobe. :)

• 5. Nicole @ LiveEatSmileRepeat  |  August 11, 2012 at 11:38 am

haha i have so much to say about this post!
    a) I LOVE the fact that you like packing lunches! It’s amoung my favourite things to do too — will definitely be getting some inspiration from you! :)
    b) Congrats on the job!
    c) love your work wardrobe! (and the shoes!)

• 6. Kath  |  August 13, 2012 at 11:37 pm

Thanks Nicole!!

• 7. recimplicity  |  August 14, 2012 at 10:45 pm

I miss sharing your closet-but Im glad you are having fun :)