How to Live Like a Beach Bum
1. Claim your little piece of sandy heaven. Every day, we hit the beach and created a big circle of beach chairs. Once you’re in, you’re in–and it’s hard to be added. A circle of trust, if you will. ha
3. It’s ok to stand out! My uncle and cousins dyed their hair blonde as a part of a long standing beach trip tradition, and my papa just up and decided to let my brother, Jake, shave his head.
Little did my papa know, Jake left behind a surprise…
Our family is filled with barbers, so naturally Jake was very talented. Don’t worry, the rat tail got shaved off!
**On a side note, this is my favorite picture of the trip. When Mickey smiles really hard–like a goof–I swear he looks like the Joker. Oh, papa
4. Boogie your booty off! My Aunt Beryl is a very talented line-dancer. She taught us all how to Shag the night before we left.
I love to line dance, so I caught on pretty quickly. But after we shagged, my cousin Chastin and I decided to teach the family a few of our own line dances. Namely the Cupid Shuffle and the Wobble
The crowd was mesmerized…
5. Take a break from the sun. My cousins and I set out for lunch one day to get out of the hot hot heat and wound up finding a a mirror maze. Yes, I did face plant directly into a large mirror…but I’m pretty sure everyone else did, too We also found a sweet shop. Their specialty? Chocolate and caramel covered apples…
and chocolate covered bacon. AHH! I didn’t try it because I don’t eat pork, but my brother was tempted.
6. Don’t be too lazy…get your butt in gear! My newly-blonde uncle is also a SWAT and police officer, so he had us dragging weights, pushing sleds and pumping out push ups in the sand. All before a 4 mile jog to the pier. Yes, people stared at us. But when you’re looking like a bunch of crazy-exercise-goofs with your family, it’s not so bad The only thing I was not too fond of was my 6:45am wake up calls.
I’ve got to get the sand out of my tennis shoes before I go for my jog this morning! My big family beach trip was awesome, but now it’s time to get a move on, literally. I’m moving to Raleigh this weekend, and begin my first job next Wednesday. WOOP WOOP!
Have a magnificent Monday