100 Mile Challenge: COMPLETE!

July 13, 2012 at 9:18 am 6 comments

WOOO HOOO! Even though today is Friday the 13th–today is going to be a good day. Do you know why?!?!

I finally finished my 100 mile challenge! This morning I set out to finish it up and added 2 extra miles in, just for good measure. The 100 mile challenge I set for myself 2 months ago seemed like a fairly realistic goal to accomplish, and while it was tough, I finished it just in time :)

Here are some of the neat things I learned about myself, and running, along the way:

1. I get distracted easily. If I’m running outside and see a caterpillar crossing the sidewalk, I have no problem bending down and helping the little fuzzy guy to the other side of the grass. Makes for a good little break!
  2. 4-legged running buddies are the best buddies.

Belle only likes to run short distances. Like to the end of our street, ha :)

3. When the run gets tough, find a cool-looking tree or brightly-colored flowers to run to. I’m a “run to the next stop sign, run to that house with the red door, run to that random guy running with that cute dog” kinda girl. AKA a goal-setter ;)
  4. It’s good to check-in. I had all my friends and family asking my how I was doing on my challenge, and that’s an awesome way to hold yourself accountable!
  5. Always keep challenging yourself. I was first running my 3-mile loop in 40 minutes. I can successfully knock it out in 30 minutes now, if I’m booking it. That’s 10 minutes shaved off!

Thanks to all of my friends and family who helped encourage me along the way! :) Now that the 100 mile challenge is over, I’ll have to think of a new challenge. But first, I’m headed to the beach with my family. See you in a week!

Much love and happiness,

Kath :)

Entry filed under: Exercise, Me, Running. Tags: , .

Lemon Blueberry Muffins (Gluten-Free & Vegan!) How to Live Like a Beach Bum

• 1. recimplicity  |  July 13, 2012 at 6:55 pm

YAY!YAY! Congrats

• 2. Life After Swimming  |  July 22, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Ahh yayyy! Nicely done, dear!

• 3. Kath  |  July 23, 2012 at 8:26 am

Thanks Nikki! :)

• 4. nseah  |  July 27, 2012 at 9:47 am

Congrats! :) That’s amazing! This is a really great idea.. I kinda wanna try this now! :D

• 5. Kath  |  July 30, 2012 at 12:13 pm

you should try it! It’s a lot of fun and definitely kept me motivated! :)

• 6. August Goals | Live.Eat.Smile.Repeat  |  July 31, 2012 at 1:19 pm

[...] 1: Complete a 100 mile challenge! I recently got the idea from Kathleen @ The Nut Kase, who just completed her challenge, congratulations! Can’t wait to start [...]