Whata Wonderful Weekend

May 28, 2012 at 8:30 am 5 comments

My mom’s 50th birthday was Saturday–so this weekend has been a whacky and wonderful whirlwind! It was filled with birthday pie (peach and blueberry, one of the birthday girl’s favs).

homemade birthday pie before it went into the oven

I adapted the peach pie recipe I found on food network to fit what we had in the fridge and what my mom wanted. I used frozen instead of fresh peaches, added a pint of blue berries and lots more lemon juice—and the pie was delish :) here’s the evidence…

Before munching on birthday pie, we went to Brixx, a local wood-fired pizza place and ate outside to listen to a live band that was playing Saturday night.

We ate greek pizza, artichoke pesto pizza, sweet thai chicken pizza and buffalo chicken pizza. My favorite was probably the sweet thai chicken or the artichoke and pesto—I am a sucker for pesto :)

We sat and listened to the music before heading back to my Gram’s house for presents and pie :)

my cute parents :)

I hope you had a wonderful birthday, mom!

To celebrate Memorial Day, my family likes to put out American flags to thank the soldiers and the military for all of their brave and courageous service for this country.

To all the soldiers out there–thank you for everything you do! God Bless you! :) Happy Memorial Day!

Love,

Kath

Entry filed under: Family, Holidays, Weekend. Tags: , , , , .

Happy Birthday Mom! Jammin’

• 1. Life After Swimming  |  May 28, 2012 at 9:26 am

That pie looks fantastic! And how cute are your parents?!

• 2. Kath  |  May 28, 2012 at 11:00 pm

thanks, Nikki!!

• 3. recimplicity  |  May 28, 2012 at 3:54 pm

yum! Your pie looks beautiful and delicious, did kyle approve? ;)

• 4. Kath  |  May 28, 2012 at 10:56 pm

I think he liked it :)

• 5. momma d  |  May 29, 2012 at 9:43 am

You made it Beautiful for me….thank you from the bottom of my heart :)