My 100 Mile Challenge

May 19, 2012 at 12:17 pm 8 comments

This week has been a super bummer. Sinus Infection = too congested to breathe = no workout. Oh poop. :/

Tony is such a cutie :)

While it’s nice to rest and relax, I have been getting antsy from my lack of exercise and countless episodes of NCIS and Law and Order. I think the local honey trick is working well, but my allergies are still kicking my booty. So I’m giving myself until Monday to feel better. Then, allergies or not, I’m lacing up my sneaks.

100 Mile Challenge

In just under two months, I’ll be heading to the beach with my big, beautiful family for our awesome annual beach trip. I still have a pesky 8-10 pounds to go to reach my target weight. So while I was sitting on the couch watching all those episodes of NCIS, I decided to come up with a fun little challenge.

It’s pretty simply: I am going to run/bike/swim 100 miles over the next 8 weeks. I have 56 days to complete it and while it is going to be challenging, I think it is do-able. Plus, it will help me get in shape for some of the mud runs and sprint triathlons I have been considering. Now, to get bikini ready I also want to make sure I am getting in good toning and strength training. So I am going to follow some of the Tone it Up videos as well as the new Blogilates bikini workout videos.

Have you ever challenged yourself to reach a goal? What are you doing to prep for summer?! :)

xoxo,

Kath

Entry filed under: Exercise, Running. Tags: , , .

Local Honey for Allergies Ready for the Week

• 1. rapratt  |  May 19, 2012 at 3:41 pm

My roommate and I are challenging ourselves to 90 days of Insanity! After day one I am super sore … but I know we can do it!!!

• 2. Kath  |  May 20, 2012 at 10:11 am

I completely forgot I borrowed your insanity videos–I’ll have to do them, too :) good luck!!!

• 3. alexjcant  |  May 19, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Good for you! Good luck with your challenge :) I definitely need to work it out for summer, too!

• 4. Kath  |  May 20, 2012 at 10:11 am

Thanks :) Just got your package in the mail—it’s AMAZING!

• 5. Vicky Leung  |  May 19, 2012 at 10:44 pm

I do a lot of running too! I love being outdoors :) I think 100 miles is totally doable – I have seen many people do it in a month! My goal is also to lose another 10 lbs as well so I’ll be adding in some extra running miles, a weekly pilates class and cutting back on sugar!

• 6. Kath  |  May 20, 2012 at 10:11 am

ohh pilates sounds fun! good luck!

• 7. Sally F  |  May 21, 2012 at 4:52 pm

I’ll be checking out those online videos…I’ve got a little under two months left, too—54 days!! I did Jillian’s Ripped in 30 for the first time today….that should do the trick as long as I’m still alive at the end of it!! Love your blog ;)

• 8. Kath  |  May 22, 2012 at 8:52 am

Oh I am so excited for you :) You are going to look beautiful in your dress! Let me know how Jillian’s Ripped goes…I bet it’s great. Good Luck Sally :)