UNC Graduate

May 15, 2012 at 11:14 am 7 comments

This past Sunday, on Mother’s Day, I graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. For 4 years, UNC gave me a place to call home.

Here, I met my 5 best friends. I learned that Duke is a big, bad, evil place in Durham, and even though NC State holds an annual Ram Roast, it’s not too terrible (which is good, because I love a lot of peeps in the wolf pack!). I grew to love basketball, and rushed Franklin Street when we won the National Championship.

I had my pantry raided by a crazy chef on Food Network’s Dinner Impossible and became good friends with Winston, the Vice Chancellor, because of it. I pushed through the pain of sore feet and danced for 24 hours straight to help children in the NC Children’s hospital.

I sat in the pit during sunny afternoons and studied into the wee hours of the night in Davis library. I met professors who told me to follow my passions and advisers who helped me find them. I drank too much coffee and missed out countless hours of sleep.

But I wouldn’t trade a single moment of it for the world. Thank you to all my family and friends who helped me get to where I am today. And thank you Carolina for giving me little moments of opportunity to help me discover who I am in this wild and crazy world. UNC is my home, my mentor, my friend and my beginning.

xoxox,

K

Entry filed under: Me, UNC. Tags: , , .

I Have the Best Mom Ever Local Honey for Allergies

• 1. momma d  |  May 15, 2012 at 11:24 am

you are a brautiful tribute to UNC…i love you and am so proud of you and i can’t wait to hear about your next explorations. i wish you a world of peace…good health…and happiness that reaches to the moon and back…xo

• 2. Kath  |  May 17, 2012 at 10:10 am

Thanks Mama, couldn’t have done it without you! xoxo

• 3. Charla Dickson Fisher  |  May 15, 2012 at 1:58 pm

there she goes with the spelling errors again… Momma D… what ARE we going to do with you!

• 4. Life After Swimming  |  May 15, 2012 at 2:21 pm

A huge congrats to you!!!! YAYYY! Such pretty pictures :)

• 5. Kath  |  May 17, 2012 at 10:09 am

• 6. Kristi @ My San Francisco Kitchen  |  May 17, 2012 at 3:43 pm

Hi there! Found you thru Nicole’s page. Congrats, I almost went there for pharmacy school!!! :)

• 7. Kath  |  May 17, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Thanks Kristi! It’s a great school. Love your blog :)