A Good Start

May 1, 2012 at 8:00 am 9 comments

Good morning, sunshine!

It’s been a bright and early morning over here. I stayed up late last night to label all of my graduation announcements. And as soon as I down a cup of coffee, I am off to the design lab to create my final design project and portfolio.

Coffee = my best friend = buzz buzz buzz :)

Stocked Up

Traditionally, Kyle and I swing into the grocery store every Sunday night so I can stock up on my groceries for the week.

This week’s basket had basic essentials:

• Bananas for breakfast and smoothies
  • Kind Bars = the best snacks in the world
  • Yogurt overload (honey, vanilla, plain and apple cinnamon)
  • Pomegranate Cranberry Juice for a special little concoction I am brewing that you’ll find out about on Friday!
  • Vanilla instant coffee to keep up my little buzz

I tried not to get too crazy because I will only be in my apartment a few more weeks days, and I am trying to eat my way through all the frozen veggies and chicken, and canned goods I’ve accumulated over the past year.

Prepped and Ready

Yesterday I had an interview in the morning. So first thing’s first–I showered, dried my hair, swiped on some mascara and went to the drawing board: my closet. Interview outfits are always a mystery to me.

Case in point: Jacket?

Or no jacket?

Heels or flats? (Sometimes a pair of 4-inch black pumps can make a girl feel Like a Boss–right ladies?!)

Last Friday I had another interview and dressed up in a pretty top from Erin. I love shopping in her closet ;)

Side note: I love my orange mirror–best college Walmart purchase. I apparently also love tilting my head when I photograph myself in interview attire.

I ended up going with the jacket and flats, since it was a little rainy and dreary outside. A white, wet shirt would not make a good first impression! ;)

And to fuel up for the morning I went with my favorite Chobani flavor of the moment: Apple Cinnamon.

I think it’s about getting off to a good start in the morning–wearing sassy clothes, eating my fav yogurt, and drinking big cups of coffee–that really gets me off on the right foot! What gets you off to a good start?

Have a good Tuesday, y’all!

xoxox,

Kath

Entry filed under: Breakfast, Me. Tags: , , , , .

April Foodie Penpals: Ikea Treats The Early Bird

• 1. Life After Swimming  |  May 1, 2012 at 10:22 am

I love all of your outfits!!! too cute! And that CHO is sooo yummy :)

• 2. recimplicity  |  May 1, 2012 at 10:35 am

Ha my dad always makes fun of me for tilting my head in pictures too!
    Chai tea always gets me off to a great start-without the coffee buzz

• 3. eatingasapathtoyoga  |  May 1, 2012 at 10:50 am

I like the jacket & skirt combo: professional, yet feminine. What gets me off on a good start? Planning what I wear the night before, eating breakfast and…. shhhh…. Diet Coke!!! PS: Love the apricot/yogurt Kind Bars.

• 4. Kath  |  May 1, 2012 at 4:50 pm

Kind Bars are one of my all-time fav snacks :)

• 5. savor the sweet life  |  May 1, 2012 at 12:34 pm

My lastest Chobani flavor has been the blood orange…but to be honest I love them all :P

• 6. Kath  |  May 1, 2012 at 4:50 pm

I got blood orange too…can’t wait to try it!

• 7. lifefoodandbeer  |  May 1, 2012 at 3:02 pm

It is amazing how a pair of heels can make you feel good!

• 8. Kath  |  May 1, 2012 at 4:49 pm

I know! It’s just something about being a few inches taller…you get to see the world from a different view! :)

• 9. Oatmeal Applesauce Pancakes « Recimplicity  |  May 2, 2012 at 8:20 am

[…] reading blogs- congrats to Lora, looking at Kath’s cute interview outfits, and an older but super inspirational post from swim bike mom about her Half […]