April Foodie Penpals: Ikea Treats

April 30, 2012 at 12:07 am 18 comments

It’s my second time participating in the Foodie Penpal program…and once again it did not disappoint!

I was Jill @ Eating as a Path to Yoga‘s penpal this month. She gave me some interesting treats–some of the labels were written in Swedish and when I looked more closely, I discovered they were from Ikea. How neat is that–who knew Ikea sold food?!

My foodie package contained Lingonberry juice, pumpkin butter, dried plums, a mustard and basil sauce, and a few packets of body butter. The lingonberry juice, which I’d never had before, was tart and tangy. It reminded me a lot of cranberry juice. I’ve been munching on the dried plums all week–I’m a sucker for dried fruit, so they have been my best friend! I’m waiting to break into the mustard sauce and pumpkin for a rainy snack/dinner/day :)

But my favorite part of the package was this little trailmix treasure…

Cranberries, white raisins, and every kind of nut you can imagine. DELISH! Thank you Jill for all the treats :)

I sent the foodie package I created to Nikki @ Life After Swimming. I was so excited to get Nikki as my penpal because I used to be a swimmer, as well. Go check out her awesome blog to see what I sent her!

And just as a little update from my March Foodie Penpal–my little terrarium flowers are growing strong and will be blooming in no time (hopefully :) )!

If you’d like to join foodie penpals, check out Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean‘s blog to sign up. It is open to both readers and bloggers!

Well I’ve got a second round interview today to get prepped for–woop woop! Happy Monday!

<3 Kath

Entry filed under: Foodie Penpal. Tags: , , , .

Nuked A Good Start

• 1. choc3178  |  April 30, 2012 at 2:07 am

love yes to carrots and pumpkin butter! I always forget ikea sells food too!

• 2. Kath  |  April 30, 2012 at 8:24 am

I am loving the Yes To Carrots :) thanks for reading the blog!

• 3. Life After Swimming  |  April 30, 2012 at 7:05 am

Yummmm!!! I never thought to look at ikea! I will be getting my post up this afternoon :)

• 4. Kath  |  April 30, 2012 at 8:24 am

woop woop :)

• 5. eatingasapathtoyoga  |  April 30, 2012 at 8:37 am

I’m glad you enjoyed the treats! I’ve fallen in love with dried pears. Glad we got to “connect”!

• 6. Kath  |  April 30, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Thank Jill for the great FPP box!

• 7. Lindsay (@LeanGrnBeanBlog)  |  April 30, 2012 at 8:58 am

that trail mix looks RIGHT up my alley. and that juice sounds so fun!

• 8. savor the sweet life  |  April 30, 2012 at 9:28 am

Good luck at your interview!!

• 9. Kath  |  April 30, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Thank you!!

• 10. savor the sweet life  |  April 30, 2012 at 9:41 am

Also, I love the Foodie Pen Pal idea. Once I am done moving in to my new place I am going to sign up to try it out :)

• 11. Alison  |  April 30, 2012 at 11:59 am

Awesome! I love that IKEA sells food. If only I had one near me. :)

• 12. Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen  |  April 30, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Lingonberry juice? Intriguing….and anything involving pumpkin butter is alright with me! [I must say I'm also curious about the mustard basil sauce. :)]

• 13. Kath  |  April 30, 2012 at 2:02 pm

I know–I can’t wait to use the sauce with some tofu noodles :)

• 14. lindsAy  |  April 30, 2012 at 2:05 pm

that trail mix looks delicious! but then, so does everything in that package. :)

• 15. Kath  |  April 30, 2012 at 2:06 pm

I know, right?! Do you do FPP too? It’s so great!

• 16. lindsAy  |  May 1, 2012 at 11:13 am

i do! i got some great stuff this month too. :)

• 17. JulieGoesHealthy (@MsLuong)  |  April 30, 2012 at 11:45 pm

Let me know how the yes to carrots is! I see them everywhere!

• 18. Kath  |  May 1, 2012 at 9:12 am