Treats From a Foodie Pen Pal

March 30, 2012 at 1:11 am 8 comments

Earlier this month, I signed up for The Lean Green Bean‘s Foodie Pen Pal program. The program is open to both bloggers and readers, and links us all up at random to send neat foodie treats to one another.

Alicia got me for her pen pal and I have had the best time chatting with her over email. She’s in the process of starting a wedding/lifestyle blog and is a health educator at a university in Pennsylvania.  So I was definitely excited to see what she sent!

Lots and lots of nuts–which I LOVED. The raw walnut butter and raw pecan butter were great for some mid-day snacking with veggies. I inhaled ate the fruit leather rather quickly. It’s one of my fav snacks that I always forget about!  My box also had some Clif bars, salsa-flavored seed crackers and a maple grain cereal. My favorite treat was the orange, cranberry and cracked pepper Valdosta walnuts–the big hunks of walnuts were sweetened by the cranberries and orange, but had a little kick that tickled my throat from the pepper. I am going to have to hunt them down here in NC…

I loved the food treats, but I think my favorite part about my package was this tiny gem…

It’s a cute little flower pot. I love growing plants, but it is so hard to when you live in an apartment. But this mini-pot is perfect for my windowsill. And look! It’s already growing!

Thank you Alicia for my wonderful package–it brightened by month :)

My pen pal is Valerie from Fresh Mutz. Check out her blog to see what I sent her! And if you are interested in getting a fun little foodie goodie box in the middle of the month, you should sign up, too!

Well I’m off to the gym!

Have a fantastic Friday ;)

xoxox,

K

Entry filed under: Foodie Penpal. Tags: , , .

All Lilies, No Thorns Spring Cleaning

• 1. Chung-Ah (@damn_delicious)  |  March 30, 2012 at 1:20 am

I know what you mean about growing flowers in an apartment but those flower pots are absolutely adorable!

• 2. kacline  |  March 30, 2012 at 1:28 am

Aren’t they?! I love it!

• 3. Mattie (@comfyconfident)  |  March 30, 2012 at 8:11 am

I received the Somersault Sante Fe Salsa treats in my Foodie Pen Pal last month! They are the perfect snack when in a hurry! And your Tinker Bell Fairie plant looks so fun! What a great way to grow something in an apt!

• 4. Rachel Jacobs (@rachelkyle0402)  |  March 30, 2012 at 8:42 am

That is indeed just the cutest little flower pot. You got a wonderful box :)

• 5. Lindsay (@LeanGrnBeanBlog)  |  March 30, 2012 at 10:42 am

awww love that little flower! and those walnuts sound amazing!!

• 6. FreshMutz  |  March 30, 2012 at 2:14 pm

I hope your flowers attract tons of fairies! That’s so sweet. I am gald you received a wonderful box of goodies because the one you sent to me is top notch! Have an amazing weekend, Kath!

• 7. Richgail Enriquez  |  March 30, 2012 at 6:05 pm

The plant looks cool! I’ve sent my penpal seeds for growing. I think plants are great coz they can grow a while and remind a sentimental value.

• 8. dianabushneck  |  March 30, 2012 at 8:26 pm

Your Foodie Pen Pal sent an AWESOME package! I’ve been meaning to send those Sahale nuts to my foodie pen pals but can’t always find them at the grocery store – they the BEST! I also love the Somersaults. And the plant is such a great idea!